About Me

My Photo
Natalie-Nicole Bates
My name is Natalie-Nicole Bates. I live in the United Kingdom and I am a published author of contemporary and paranormal romance. You can find out more about my books by visiting www.natalienicolebates.com. Here is where you will find my collection of antique photographs, some of which have inspired my stories.
View my complete profile
Powered by Blogger.

Followers

Link back

My Author Blog

Sunday, October 28, 2012

The Dag and the lock of hair



When I bought this Civil War era Daguerreotype of a nice looking blonde haired man in an overcoat, it came with a little surprise. Tucked behind the image in a folded up piece of paper is a lock of blonde hair. On the paper is written the name 'Charlie Sloan' and beneath it looks like a city, but time has unfortunately faded the writing.

One would assume the hair belongs to this gentleman, and that he most likely died shortly after the photo was taken as the hair is all blonde, no gray at all.

It's a great piece in very good condition.

0 comments: